Calling All Writers and Content Creators
Get Involved With Our Fast Growing Platform
Independent and unaffiliated, our content is designed to collectively amplify the voices in the space between the United States and Cuba, Puerto Rico and the broader Latinx community in the United States. Through a mixture of gravitas and pop-culture lightheartedness, we create content that brings the Latinx experience to the forefront. Our short-form stories are current, authentic, and engaging. In a word: they’re real. And, we want you to help us tell them.
If you’re a Latinx journalist, writer, photographer or video creator, or not (we come from all backgrounds) but you’re passionate about the space, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re based in the US and we spend a lot of time thinking about issues related to the Latinx experience. We started this journey with Startup Cuba, a nine-episode docuseries shedding light on entrepreneurship in Cuba so we’re heavily weighted in that direction. Recently though our network of Latinx journalists and writers we’ve begun including Puerto Rican, Dominican and Mexican-American voices to the conversation. Broadly speaking, we aim to cover topics in these buckets:
- Food, Drink, Music, Art & Culture: We believe that food, music and the arts are what differentiate us and bring us together. We love to run recipe stories and highlight artists, filmmakers and authors.
- Feature Stories: Stories about topics at the fore for Cuban Americans, Puerto Ricans, the broader Latinx community, and folks generally interested in Latin America. Topics include climate change and immigration for example. These are the pieces that keep us informed and paint with broad strokes.
- Startups: We tell the stories of the most inspirational founders in Cuba, Puerto Rico and here in the mainland United States with on our new Latinx Founders Series.
- Travel: Where to stay and what to do from an insider perspective. Off the beaten path information that guide books don’t tell you.
- People & Tastemakers: Featuring Cuba’s cuentapropistas (entrepreneurs) and people making things happen, including here in the US.
- Puerto Rico: We dedicate an exclusive, growing channel to stories that impact and inspire, both on the island and off.
- Politics: Ok. Once and a while only because we can’t stay away.
- Film & Book Reviews: We like to tell you what we think of the latest books and movies that relate to our audience.
Related Post: About Us
What We Offer
- Your work and name on an internationally recognized Latinx website disrupting the media space and building for the future.
- A byline on your work and your author pages showing off your writing and linking to your social media accounts.
- Access to our network of thought-leaders, content creators and influencers in the Latinx space.
- Your work shared across our platform, newsletters and social media accounts in excess of 70,000 followers.
- Experience working with professional content strategists and editors to produce high-quality end product that you can be proud of.
- The option to be featured and interviewed on the website with your articles so that our audience can get to know you.
- Financial compensation based on level of experience.
Our core audience are primarily 22-44 year old second-generation English-speaking Latinxs in the United States. They value authentic docu-style stories, travel tips, and insider perspectives in English that are both informative and offer a connection to the story and the content producer behind the story.
How to Get Involved
Whether you have one story idea to pitch us now, you want to write or produce videos on a regular basis as a contributor or you just want to learn more, click the button below to connect with us.